You can't read Malayalam text properly if you haven't installed any Malayalam fonts in your computer. Find below a link to one of the best Malayalam fonts called 'Anjali-oldlipi. Installing a font is very very easy. Please follow the steps below.
1. Click here to download the Anjali font file and save it to your computer.
2. Copy and Paste this file to the FONTS directory.
Where is this 'Fonts' directory? - Click START and then RUN. Type FONTS and press ENTER
3. Once you have copied and pasted the file into fonts directory, you are almost done!
Now you need to instruct Internet Explorer to use this new font whenever it finds malayalam content in a web page.
1. Open internet explorer
2. Click TOOLS and then INTERNET OPTIONS
3. Click on FONTS
4. Change "Language Script" to "Malayalam" from "Latin Based" by clicking on it.
5. You will see "AnjaliOldLipi" in the box below.
6. Click on that to select it. (Now you should see Malayalam in original മലയാളം below that)
7. Click OK for all open windows.
8. Hey- you are done! Now you are all set to experience 'Nalla Malayalam'.
If you are unable to follow these steps or need more assistance, please click on the link https://sites.google.com/site/cibu/. Here you will find great tools and information about setting up Malayalam in your computer.
Are you able to read Malayalam now? Please drop line of comment and let me know!
Happy Reading :-)